Tuesday 9 April 2013

Caking Baking with Kids

I love baking cakes and biscuits and even more when the kids help. Both my 5 year old and my 1 1/2 year old become my little kitchen helpers and have great fun playing chef.

To make life easier we often opt for the simple all-in-one pack jobs. All you need to do is add water, butter and eggs and whisk the whole lot together into a smooth paste.

This week we made gluten free chocolate brownies using "tortino al cioccolato" by pedon easyglut.

Ingredients:

Cake powder (from the packet above)
100ml water
150g butter
3 eggs

How to:
  1. Preheat oven at 180°c
  2. Break eggs into bowl, add butter and cake powder. 
  3. Mix all ingredients together, adding water as you go until you get a smooth paste.
  4. Pour paste into cake tin and cook in oven for about 20 minutes.

My eldest helping pour in the cake powder

He loved watching all the ingredients turn into a chocolatey paste 
in the oven

Now I would post a photo of what it turn out like but it got eaten before I could. Needless to say it went down well ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please no SPAM. Comments are welcome on all posts but should be respectful of the blog and clean. Thank you for your understanding. I hope you will be active on this blog and welcome your feedback.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...