Wednesday 15 May 2013

Labour Pain Stimulation: Two Men Take the Test

Men, ever wonder what labour pain feels like? All the mummy's out there will probably be quick to tell you how much fun contractions are. Most men will probably think "stop exaggerating. It can't be that bad".  That's because they have no idea what it feels like. 

With my second child, my contractions started at just 3 months pregnant and I was in actual labour for nearly a month as the Doctors tried to keep my premature on the inside for as long as possible. On the upside, after he was born I pretty much had an instantly toned stomach. After I'd been in the delivery room for about 3 weeks straight my husband came in and said "babe I'm tried. I'm not sure how much more of this I can take". Doctors and nurses looked over in disbelief. What this a suicide attempt? My husband of course was oblivious to it all and had no idea of the no-no he had just committed. He'd been looking after our other son whilst I was in hospital and apparently being a full-time parent wasn't as easy as he'd thought. It was during this time that he gained full appreciation for what I do all day. I think before he'd been under the misguided impression that being a stay at home mum meant I was sitting around all day watching TV or something. Needless to say the wake up call did him (and us) good.

Anyway back to the topic of labour. Although we can try and describe what it feels like somehow the words just don't seem to sum it up. You just can't describe pain like that. Luckily for men it's something they never have to experience and so can't really imagine.

These two men decided to discover what it's like though and have a new found respect for all the mummy's out there. Now keep in mind this is only a stimulation of the contractions of labour (yep they got off lightly as didn't have the added opening up and weight pushing down to deal with).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please no SPAM. Comments are welcome on all posts but should be respectful of the blog and clean. Thank you for your understanding. I hope you will be active on this blog and welcome your feedback.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...